Invitation for a foreigner

Invitation for a foreigner

At Visa and Work, we provide comprehensive service for cases regarding the legalization of stay and work of foreigners. Therefore, we offer reliable legal assistance related to the procedure of issuing an invitation for a foreigner. As part of the support offered, we prepare the necessary documentation, provide comprehensive advice, ensure correct completion of all formalities, and meeting the deadlines. Our specialists gained a lot of experience as well as extensive industry knowledge, which allows them to achieve numerous successes in handling foreign affairs. We invite both individuals and business entities to cooperate.

Invitation for a foreigner – basic characteristics

The invitation document for a foreigner confirms that the inviting person has adequate financial resources and is able to cover the costs of stay (including food, accommodation) on Polish territory. Based on the invitation, you can also go through border control and apply for a visa. Remember that the invitation does not entitle you to start working in Poland.

The validity of the document is determined by the inviting person, but it cannot be longer than 1 year.

The procedure for issuing an invitation requires providing the Voivodeship Office with a set of documents, including confirmation of having the necessary financial resources and legal title to the dwelling.

Who can invite a foreigner?

An invitation for a foreigner can only be issued by a person who meets strictly specified conditions. Therefore, the invitation can be issued by:

  • a citizen (and members of his family) of the following countries: Poland, Switzerland, a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area;
  • a foreigner who, before issuing the invitation, stayed continuously and legally on the territory of Poland for at least 5 years;
  • a foreigner who has a long-term EU resident stay permission or permanent residence permission;
  • legal person or organizational unit without legal personality, having its registered office in Poland.

Are you looking for professional help?

Contact us